So... a bazillion things has happened since I last updated. Going up to Sydney for Fashion week was definitely one of the biggest. Since I am all enlightened about fashion now, I am going to restart the engine with an fashion related inspiration post. Aha. I had to put this somewhere.
Behold, the Chanel Paris/Bombay Pre-Fall 2011/12 Metiers d'art. I don't even know that a pre-fall collection existed. The show was 16 mins long which is a pretty solid show in my books. You'd think a pre-anything would mean a preview show or at least not a full show, but apparantly not. The fashion world is too fierce and confusing for me.
You probably wouldn't watch the full length of the video, because I wasn't going to, but look at these photos. how can you not???
I'm not a reporter/journalist etcetc so I won't tell you about the show (its also because 1.I haven't done any research and its and 2.old show) but I will tell you how much I LOVE it.
Reasons why I love it
1. Head and Neck pieces The Maang Tikka inspired(or maybe they -are- maang tikka) headpieces are to die for. I am going to jump on eBay to snag some blingy Indian wedding head-dress and choker
2. Chain nose jewellery that connects to number 1.
3. Masculine silhouettes are pretty abundant in this collection. Look at those gold and silver boots! And the shoulders, and the pants! We all know how much of a fail I am when it comes to heels so I'll stick to low heeled shoes!
4. That being said, the contrasting flowy fabrics and empire line dresses are right up my alley at the moment. I blame it on Daenerys from Game of Thrones.
5. Dreadlocks. I've always been a fan. I don't care what other people say!aha.
6. Other: Gold tipped gloves, across the body straps, Sari-style pleated skirts, head scarves, EVERYTHINGGGGahhhh
Images by Reuters
Labels: Fashion, Inspiration